THE DILEMMA FOR NEW PARENTS WITH CATS
Your baby has finally reached that crawling milestone! The world is their oyster and exploring your home is the main mission of the day. Although it may be an exciting time, their curiosity could take them to places and rooms where they can get into trouble. This is especially true if you have an indoor cat and you need to keep your baby (and even your dog) out of the cat food and litter box. Let's keep your little ones safe and your cats sane with the help of Door Buddy.
We were in the exact same situation when our daughter started crawling. She was constantly navigating to the laundry room with the cat food and litter box. We considered a cat door but did not want to cut a hole in our door. We tried a baby gate but it was so cumbersome to use. Plus, our cat simply refused to jump over it. One thing led to another and out of necessity, Door Buddy was born.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
With the Door Buddy adjustable cat door strap installed, your door can open just WIDE enough for your cat to enter or exit rooms effortlessly.
At the same time, the door is kept NARROW enough so babies (and even dogs) cannot get in.
This way, you can keep your little one out of the cat food and litter box without breaking your back or the bank.
No baby gate to climb over. No time consuming cat door installation. No more messes to clean up. No more stress!
WHY CHOOSE DOOR BUDDY?
Simple. Convenient. Effective.
- Installs in seconds with no tools needed
- Secures to various door types with strong 3M adhesive
- Adjustable from 2” to 6" to fit your cat but block baby
- Easy to lock and unlock with one hand from either side of door
REAL CUSTOMERS USING DOOR BUDDY
FREE USA SHIPPING
30 DAY GUARANTEE
MADE IN USA
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where should I use Door Buddy?
Any interior room with a door!
The most popular places to use our door strap includes the laundry room, bathroom, bedroom, closet, cat's favorite hangout room, or any room that you want to isolate from access by dogs, babies, toddlers, and in some cases even cats.
We recommended installing Door Buddy at least 10" above the door knob or lever or high enough so that Door Buddy is well out of reach for children and dogs.
Always remember when it comes to child and pet safety, a product should never be used to replace adult supervision. Similarly, Door Buddy is intended to be a deterrent only and was not designed to replace proper adult supervision.
Will it work for my door?
Yes! Door Buddy works perfectly on left and right swinging doors, doors that push or pull open, pocket doors, double doors, and bi-fold doors.
You can even install on the back of the door for greater strength and resistance to pressure.
For more information on our installation process, it's best to visit our INSTALLATION GUIDE. Here you will find our tips an tricks to ensure that your Door Buddy is fully optimized for your home.
I have a toddler, will it work for me?
It depends on what stage you consider as a toddler. It is usually best to start using Door Buddy early when your baby just starts crawling. Then, when they reach the toddler stage they will know that room is "off-limits" already. If you start using Door Buddy when your little one is older than 2 years old then there is a chance that they will be able to push hard enough for the adhesives to come off.
However, please review the INSTALLATION GUIDE provided for alternative methods of installation for greater strength and resistance to pressure.
Just remember that Door Buddy is intended to be a deterrent only and is meant to make your and your cat's life easier. Like any baby-proofing product, it is NOT a substitute for proper adult supervision.
Who is Door Buddy best for?
It is perfect for parents and pet owners who need to block off a particular room from access to baby and don't want to deal with the hassle of an expensive baby gate or complicated door knob covers. It's also a great solution for those who are not ready to cut a permanent hole in their door to install a cat door.
What else can I use Door Buddy for?
We're not just a simple door strap! Door Buddy has numerous additional uses and benefits:
- Keeps the door ajar allowing for proper airflow which will help regulate the temperature between rooms which may result in decreased heating and cooling costs.
- Promotes proper ventilation and helps regulate the air quality and thus reduce mold and mildew buildup by keeping moist rooms slightly open. Increased airflow will also ensure that the air in isolated rooms will not become stuffy and stale.
- Provides an easier and more convenient alternative to baby gates and pet gates to isolate certain rooms.
- Acts as a great alternative to door knob covers and door handle locks when your toddler learns how to open doors.
- Gives older siblings their space and privacy in their rooms. All you have to do is make sure that your Door Buddy is installed high enough to be out of reach for younger siblings, but low enough so older siblings can easily operate the latch.
- Operates with ease and doesn't prevent your door from functioning normally when unlatched. You can also operate Door Buddy with one hand from inside or outside the room.
How wide should I set my Door Buddy?
It all depends on your needs. The adjustable strap makes it very customizable to either block or accommodate your furry friends based on its set opening width (between 2 and 6 inches).
- Widest width (approximately 6 in) - blocks large dogs and bigger toddlers from entering the room while allowing smaller animals to enter as they want.
- Medium width (approximately 4 in) - also blocks medium sized dogs and babies from entering the room while allowing cats to enter as they want.
- Narrowest width (approximately 2 in) - also blocks most cats and small dogs from entering the room.
What is the Door Pinch Guard for?
The Finger Pinch Guard stops the door from closing to prevent pinched fingers and pets from getting locked in rooms. Say goodbye to doors slamming shut!
What is the best way to use the Door Pinch Guard?
The Door Stopper can be adjusted on top of the door to match the gap set by the strap to increase stability and minimize the movement of the door while keeping your door open.
How do I remove Door Buddy?
To prepare for the removal, heat the adhesive with a hair dryer for several minutes to soften the glue. You can then use your hand and twist the plastic part clockwise or counterclockwise so that the plastic part separates itself from the adhesive that is still attached to the actual surface. Once the plastic is separated from the adhesive, you simply take your fingertip and roll the adhesive into a ball and remove it from the surface.
Alternatively, after heating the adhesive you can use fishing line or dental floss and slide it side to side between the adhesive and the door/door frame surface. This works really well and usually removes our product without any damage.
How much is shipping and how long will it take to get my order?
USA shipping is FREE for all orders.
Canada: Flat rate price of $10.50 per order.
Europe (excl. UK): Calculated during checkout. Consider purchasing on Amazon.co.uk for faster delivery.
UK: Available for purchase on Amazon.co.uk.
All orders are shipped within 24 hours Monday through Friday. Upon shipment of your order you will receive a tracking number.
USA: 1 - 3 ~ business days typically, but please allow up to 7 days due to the pandemic.
Canada: 6 - 9 ~ business days typically, but please allow up to 30 days due to the pandemic.
Europe: 7 - 14 ~ business days typically, but please allow up to 45 days due to the pandemic.
What if I am not satisfied?
We are confident that you will love your Door Buddy and therefore offer a 30 day, hassle-free, money-back guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied, simply return it and we will credit back the full purchase price (excluding S&H) Click here for our refunds and return policy.
INSTALL & USE IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
1. Remove paper backing from parts
2. Stick parts onto door and door frame
3. Insert hook into latch to lock
4. Adjust strap to desired length
Installation may be simple, but taking a few extra minutes to plan will set your Door Buddy up for success.
- Clean surface and let it dry before installing.
- Plan ahead. Where you mount each piece will affect minimum and maximum width of door opening.
- Install on door and door frame only.
- Let adhesive cure for at least 24 - 72 hours for max strength.
- For best success, install on the back of door. This will place the least amount of pressure on the adhesives.
- Do NOT install on wall or wallpaper. If that is your only option, stick 3M paint protection film on wall first and install Door Buddy on top of the film.
- If paint is older or just to give door and door frame surface a chance for better adhesion, stick 3M paint protection film first and then install Door Buddy on top of the film.
VARIOUS INSTALLATION METHODS
Works great for newly crawling babies, well-mannered and non-persistent dogs. Pushing on door will exert most pressure on adhesives.
2. Back of Door - Front of Door Frame
Works great with early stage toddlers, more persistent and larger dogs. The adhesives are able to withstand more pressure.
3. Back of Door - Inside of Door Frame
The strongest method of installation. The adhesives can withstand the most pressure when installed this method. However, it is also the least adjustable so make sure your cat will fit through before placing adhesives.
4. Door Buddy with Door Stopper
Pair Door Buddy with the Door Stopper to protect fingers and tails. It also prevents the door from closing & leaving your cat locked in a room. With door stopper on top of of door move it closer or further away from the hinge to control the width that door is propped open.